Flames and Lace Knitting Pattern is a lacy stole with traditional knitted-on lace edgings. This long rectangular shawl is knit from end-to-end and can be worn around the shoulders or used as a large scarf. All stitch patterns are in easy-to-read charts only.
Finished Dimensions: Approximately 23-24” x 84” after blocking. Measurements taken after fully dry and off the blocking wires.
- 3 skeins Classic Merino Bamboo yarn (finished shawl weighed 295g, approx. 1450 yards)
- 18 x 32 = 4″ in Candle Flames Pattern stitch, washed and lightly blocked
- US 3 (3.25 mm) any length that will accommodate stitches comfortably for flat knitting.
- You may want a second needle for working the provisional cast on. If you prefer, this can also be done using waste yarn. Choose a different color yarn for ease in seeing it later when removing it to place the live stitches on a needle.
- You may want a double point needle of the same size used to knit shawl. You will use this when knitting the lace edging.
Flames and Lace Knitting pattern designed by Catherine Harrison of Knitting Notions.