The grey one is the first one I knit, of course. Just to refresh your memory, it is the medium size, about 18 months. I used 600 yards of Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn in Graphite.
The red one is the smallest size which is about 6 months. I used about 400 yards of Classic Merino Bamboo yarn in Crimson. As you can see I opted to leave off the embroidery for this one. I like it both ways so it seemed like a nice idea to have each option visually available in the blog.
I will have these on display this weekend at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. I am leaving on Wednesday for the show. I hope to get some more progress on my shawl during down time.
After two festivals in a row and only two days at home between them, I’m glad to be home for a bit. I was busy with knitting as often as I could manage, so I completed all the pieces for the small size Vintage Diamonds Cardigan.
Here they are being blocked yesterday morning. It’s time to get it seamed so I can knit the collar.
I got to work on that last night. I got the shoulders seamed and the sleeves set in. It was reading time when I got to that point so I’ll be doing the side seams tonight. Hopefully that can be done in just one more evening.
The other ball of yarn sitting there in the background is what I wound yesterday to motivate me to get the seaming finished. It’s for my next project. I’m in the mood for something lacy. More on that next time. 😉
That is the question. I posted this on my Instagram/Facebook yesterday but didn’t get time to write a blog post. I spent most of yesterday cleaning house.
So here’s the finished sweater with no embroidery yet. I wanted a picture of it like this to add as an option for the pattern when I publish it. I also wanted to have a comparison as to whether I even still wanted to do that at all. So, here’s a sample with half of the embroidery done. What do you think? I am leaning towards finishing the other side.
I have made some encouraging progress on the vintage sweater design.
I have knit the back and right front pieces and as you see here I have also blocked them. I prefer to wet block sweater pieces as I go so they are ready for sewing up when I am to that point.
The pieces are matching up perfectly. I am pleased with that.
I have reworked the chart for the left front and begun the knitting on that piece. I took this picture yesterday and have gotten to the second set of diamonds since then, so it’s going pretty fast.
I have done some preliminary work on the pattern over the weekend. I wanted to get what I have so far down while it is fresh in my mind. Once I start the sleeves I may have to do some more tweaks to the sleeve caps to account for my row gauge and armhole depth.
Tomorrow will be pretty busy with preparations for my first fiber festival of the year, Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival, so I don’t know how much more knitting will get done until next week. I had hope of finishing the sample and the pattern for the show but it’s not gonna happen. Especially since I want to include multiple sizes and that’s more work.
I’ll try to blog from the show if I have time. Wish me luck because I am very out of practice 🙃🙂😅
Before I get to the new project I am working on, here’s a quick update on the Wonderful Wallaby. As you can tell I have the pocket done and it is taking a break.
I was too excited to get knitting on the vintage baby sweater so I picked a color and cast on for the back. I decided to go with a neutral color, Graphite, in Classic Merino Superwash Sock yarn. I think it may take some of a second skein since this is around a 12 month size. I thought that would be a good starting point and can work other sizes from there.
I know it’s not too exciting yet, because the back is plain, but it will go pretty fast even at such a small gauge. The fronts and sleeves will be a bit more decorative. 😊
One last thing to share. I made home made spaghetti sauce and rolls for dinner today. It was all yummy. I forget to get a picture of the meal but here’s the bread for you to drool over. 🤤