I have made some encouraging progress on the vintage sweater design.
I have knit the back and right front pieces and as you see here I have also blocked them. I prefer to wet block sweater pieces as I go so they are ready for sewing up when I am to that point.
The pieces are matching up perfectly. I am pleased with that.
I have reworked the chart for the left front and begun the knitting on that piece. I took this picture yesterday and have gotten to the second set of diamonds since then, so it’s going pretty fast.
I have done some preliminary work on the pattern over the weekend. I wanted to get what I have so far down while it is fresh in my mind. Once I start the sleeves I may have to do some more tweaks to the sleeve caps to account for my row gauge and armhole depth.
Tomorrow will be pretty busy with preparations for my first fiber festival of the year, Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival, so I don’t know how much more knitting will get done until next week. I had hope of finishing the sample and the pattern for the show but it’s not gonna happen. Especially since I want to include multiple sizes and that’s more work.
I’ll try to blog from the show if I have time. Wish me luck because I am very out of practice 🙃🙂😅