Some Knitting and Dye Studio Upgrade

I have been knitting on my Gridiron sock. I am almost to the toe decreases on this first sock. I have not cast on yet for my two booth samples but as you can see I have wound a skein of each of the yarns and put them in my knitting bag. I brought them along on my trip to Wooster, OH in hopes of a bit of time to start them.

I will be setting up the booth this morning for the Great Lakes Fiber Show but if I get done early enough I can squeeze in some time to knit tonight.

In other news, while I am away this weekend, my husband is busy upgrading our yarn drying lines. Here is what we have so far. I am excited about this. Not only will there be more room but they are right next to our work area instead of on the other side of the yard. It’s going to be great!

He took this picture yesterday. I’ll update when I get home with the progress.

Oops!

I finished the left front of the vintage sweater and started the first sleeve.

There is a slight problem however. Somehow, even though I thought I was correctly matching the knitting and measurements from the right front, I found this problem after blocking the left front.

Oops! So I will be ripping back a bit and re-knitting the neck shaping. I brought it along with me yesterday to Wooster, OH where I am currently for the Great Lakes Fiber Show.

I am going over to the fairgrounds this morning to get the booth set-up and maybe I can get some knitting time in this evening. I didn’t get too much done last night. I got up pretty early and drive about 9 hours. I was pretty tired and was in bed by 10.

See you soon! šŸ˜Š