Classic Merino Bamboo Yarn is a light fingering weight wool blend yarn composed of 65% Superwash Merino wool and 35% rayon of bamboo. It has a 3 ply construction with a moderate amount of twist, which results in a well balanced yarn, good for many uses from shawls and scarves, to garments and baby sweaters, as well as being a great sock yarn. There is a springiness due to the wool content and the wonderful shimmer and drape from the bamboo.
All of our bare yarns are scoured to remove the spinning oils so they are ready to knit from right away. This sets the twist and allows the fibers to bloom so that your gauge will be more accurate. It is also ready for you to hand dye with a dye designed to permanently dye protein based fiber. We recommend Sabraset dyes.
- Light Fingering Weight Yarn
- Weight: 100g
- Yardage: 490 yards
- Standard Yarn Weight Class: 1 or Superfine
- Recommended Gauge: 7.5-8 stitches per inch
- Recommended Needle Sizes: 0-2 US (2.00-2.75mm) for socks or garments
- For lace knitting 3-6 US (3.25 – 4.00 mm)