These last 5 weeks have been good but exhausting. It is great to be back vending at festivals. We had 4 shows in 5 weeks and the last one, Mid Ohio Fiber Fair, was a bit of a whirlwind for me. I drove about 400 miles to Newark, OH on Friday. Thus year’s festival was modified to a one day show in the location of the farmers market. I showed up at 5:30 am to set up for a 9 am opening time. I was anxious about whether I could pull it off, but I did it! The market hours were 9-5 and then break down. Whew! It was a long and challenging day but worth it. We did pretty well. 😍 I drove home on Sunday and it is good to be home for awhile again. No more traveling until mid August.
Now for some more news I am excited about! I have almost finished the vintage sweater I have been laboring on for months. I only have the collar to knit and buttons to sew on. Oh and I almost forgot about the embroidery. It does look nice as it is so we’ll see on that.
I did the seaming up in a couple sittings. The sleeve setting in is done first. I may need to tweak the sleeve cap height a bit on the pattern since there was a fair bit of easing in required. I kind of like the look of them though so maybe not? 🤔
I found an excellent new use for my Darning-Egg while seaming the sides. I always start at the cuff and hem and work towards the underarm. That ensures everything lines up nicely and makes easing in extra fabric tidy. But it gets tricky to see the seam area towards the end, so that’s where my Darning-Egg came in handy.
I am still trying to decide whether I want the collar to be in garter to match the button band or in 2×2 rib like the cuffs. I think I would like the look of the rib but garter would be easier for the short rows I plan to use to shape it. I will probably try the rib first and see how it goes. Back soon with the result. 🙂
1 thought on “Almost…”
Great tip for seaming under the arm. The sweater is beautiful.