I saw this on NothingButKnit blog yesterday and thought it would be fun to play along.
Feel free to answer in the comments or if you’re answering on your blog leave a link so we can all read about your opinions on color and how it pertains to your crafting.
- What is your favorite color? How is this color reflected in your crafting?
- Do you prefer bright colors or more subdued shades?
- Does your color mood shift with the seasons? Do you carry one color all year and just change the accent color?
- Is there a color you avoid? Or maybe it’s underrepresented in your crafting?
- When you pick out your crafting supplies how important is color to you? Is it the first thing you consider or is it a bit further down the list?
- Do you ever consciously choose a different color palette just for the change?
Here are my answers.
- Greens, purples and blues, pretty much in that order. These are the colors I gravitate towards. I have a few dislikes in there like hunter green, and I prefer blue purples to red ones.
- I definitely prefer more muted subdued colors which is obvious to anyone when you look at my color palette of my hand dyed yarns. I just can’t resist mixing colors that are reflected in the natural realm.
- Oddly the only change in my color mood as far as seasons go is that I tend to change my Windows theme color on my laptop. 😆
- I don’t use pinks much, but do occasionally like a deep red. Same with oranges and yellows. I prefer those colors to be earthy if I use them.
- I guess I tend to have a color I want to knit with and pick a project based on that. I find color pretty high on the list of consideration. Of course it also depends on whether what I am making is a shop sample or for myself or a gift. Color matters alot.
- No. As long as I like the color it’s fine. I don’t need change since I am easily entertained.
Speaking of color, here’s a little something I dyed up for myself yesterday. I have that sweater idea brewing in my head and this will be what I use for it.
This is a sport weight 75%yak/25%bamboo blend that I bought back before the crap hit the fan. It feels so wonderful and I can’t wait to start working on this. I may have to swatch with it soon. :-) i am trying to stay on target with my other projects though.
I am finished with the first sock and cast on for the second.
On the afghan reknit project I have made six hexagons.
3 thoughts on “Thoughts on Colors”
I really love the yarn you dyed. I look forward to seeing your project:)
Thanks for playing along with the quiz. Color is such a huge topic and everyone has great thoughts so we’ll have to revisit it.
Thanks for the compliment and for following my blog too. I have enjoyed reading your blog 😊
My color moods definitely change with the seasons.
October is the weirdest month for color, as far as I’m concerned. On the one hand, we have the beautiful fall leaves – red, orange, and gold. Then to clash with them, all the yard signs for the election – red, white, and blue. And the Halloween colors – black, gray, purple, lime green, neon yellow, and orange. As as if that’s not enough, for some reason October was chosen as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so you also see things painted pink all over town. I love colors, but this is too much! :/
Next month, I’ll be enjoying mellow browns and oranges. December it’s magical – gold, silver, crystal, and white.