Good day all! Hope you are enjoying the beginning of spring. We are experiencing a little bit of lingering cool gray weather this week but it will be warmer next week.
I thought I’d update you on the gansey project today. I am beyond the underarm gusset and working the upper body halves flat now.
I took this picture yesterday and measured it again. The gauge was still coming up smaller than I had planned for based on the swatch. I decided to heat up my iron and give it a quick steam to see if that would help.
I don’t know if it’s obvious looking here but the steaming did help. I feel a bit more confident that it will be at least pretty close to the intended size. In a relaxed state it measures easily as 40″ or so. I wanted 42″, which I hope can be achieved with a wet block and some pinning out.