Classic Merino Superwash DK yarn is 100% superwash merino wool with a 4 ply construction. The twist is balanced and the hand is very smooth and soft. An excellent yarn for socks as well as sweaters, baby things, scarves, gloves, mittens, hats and much more. It is recommended that socks be knit at a firmer gauge than other garments for better fit and durability.
All of our bare yarns are scoured to remove the spinning oils so they are ready to knit from right away. This sets the twist and allows the fibers to bloom so that your gauge will be more accurate. It is also ready for you to hand dye with a dye designed to permanently dye protein based fiber. We recommend Sabraset dyes.
- Light Worsted Weight/DK Yarn
- Weight: 100g
- Yardage: 247 yards
- Standard Yarn Weight Class: 3 or DK/Light Worsted
- Recommended Gauge: 5 – 5.5 stitches per inch
- Recommended Needle Sizes: 6 US (4.25 mm)
- For socks; recommended gauge of 6 sts. per inch 3-4 US (3.25mm -3.5 mm)