I have finished with the test knit shawl.
This is how it looked before a soak and block.
Kristi used one color for the garter sections and one color for the lace sections. I had lots of remnant skeins I wanted to use up so that is why mine uses five colors. You may recognize that color in the bottom lace border from my Vindage Diamonds Cardigan. You may also notice that I reused the orange at the very bottom edge and the bind off. I like the effect actually and I wish I could claim it was the plan all along but I would be lying. When I was down to the last 4 rows/2 garter ridges I had 2g of the Graphite left. No way that would have made it. Since I had 24g left of the Paprika that seemed like an easy solution and I think it works well. Easier than dyeing more Graphite or going into a full skein.
I’ll have some better pictures later of how it turned out after I took it off the blocking pins. I’ll also link you to the pattern later. Kristi is still waiting on a few other test knitters to report before publishing. Same here on mine. I have cast on for the small size of my design and will show you that next time.