I have completed almost all the knitting for the afghan. I only have 5 more hexagons to make!
Here’s the thing though; I was beginning to be concerned that I would run out of the navy blue yarn. See those 3 balls of blue? That’s all I have left.
There is some good news though. Are you ready for a bit of math? Bear with me for a minute okay? So I weighed the navy blue yarn I had left before I knit the hexagon above with the light gray. I had 44g of the navy at that point. I also estimated based on the number of stripes in each color that the weight of each hexagon was 60% navy and 40% of the other color. When I weighed one I was right on the money. Each one weighs 10g and I know that 6g of that is the blue. Furthermore I know THAT is true because after knitting the above hex, my remaining navy yarn weighs 38g, which means it used up exactly 6g. SOOOO, that means since I have 5 more hexagons x 6g each is 30g, I should have just enough to make it.
I am not sure once I get it all sewn together whether it will need some edging. I had assumed at the start that I could use the navy for that if I decided to do some edging but that won’t be an option. So, we’ll see when I get to that point I guess.
The virtual event was interesting but a bit disappointing in sales and participation. I am so looking forward to getting back to doing “real” in person festivals. I was working on my event calendar today on the website, if you’d like to check it out. I don’t have as many this year as I had scheduled in the past due to cancellations this spring, but I do have 14 for 2021. I normally do 15-20 each year.
See you soon! I’ll probably be sewing this puppy together by the next post. Oh and also I am sorely tempted to make a Wonderful Wallaby now after reading Suziecreamcheeze’s recent post, LOL! As soon as I finish the knitting but maybe not all the sewing, I may just be casting one on. I already have several candidates in the stash. :-)